A guide to successful email marketing
Email marketing has been around for a long time and there’s a reason why – it still works. Below are a few guidelines we use here at ShoutEx to deliver effective email marketing campaigns.
- You can’t start a campaign without email addresses and sending emails to people who have bought into your call to action is more effective than a cold call, that will likely end with a quick delete or worse, marked as spam.
- An effective CTA relies on good copy writing and an enticing offering.
Stay out of the Spam folder
- If you wind up in spam, you will never get seen.
- Stay out of spam by getting whitelisted.
- Have instructions in your first follow-up email after a successful CTA to get your mailing address added to their whitelist.
- Major email providers like Google offer tips for not winding up in the spam folder.
Manage Expectations and maintain consistency
- If your CTA promises weekly emails, or monthly, then stick to that schedule and live up to those expectations, no-more and no-less.
- If it is more, then it seems pushy and if it is less, then they may forget signing up for your newsletter.
- If your campaign is focusing on a pitch or a push for a product, be sure to have enough content to meet your expectations. Maybe include links to external and relevant blog posts.
- An autosender can help you load-up future installments for the campaign.
Build a relationship:
- Good email campaigns don’t always push a product; they also give personal updates on developments in the business.
Look slick, be quick:
- Most readers don’t want to spend all day reading a novel, at the same time they also want an email to fun and eye catching.
Trackback from your site.